Sunday, October 27, 2013 at Hersheypark, Hershey, PA
IMPORTANT: Time Changes
Due to Hersheypark changing the opening time of Hersheypark in the Dark, the schedule for walk day has changes to the following:
- 9:00 am – Registration/Check-In
- 11:00 am – Walk Steps Off
- 2:00 pm – Event Ends
Registration is now open at walk.jdrf.org
If you have difficulty with the online registration, please call 855-835-9255 for technical assistance, or contact our office at (717) 901-6489.
Walk to Cure Diabetes – What to Expect
ATTENTION WALKERS: Please download the Important Walk Day Information Hershey 2013 for everything you need to know for Walk Day on October 27th.
The Walk to Cure Diabetes is a day of celebration thanking you, our Walk Teams for all of your hard work fundraising. The basics of what you need to know as a team captain can be found in the Team Captain FAQs. There are some great new things happening this year:
- Fun Say Boo to Diabetes theme including a costume contest, haunted house (family friendly!), Halloween related kids activities, and more!
- New location within Hersheypark – the event will take place in the arena this year rather than the stadium, but the walk route through the park will be the same
- New deadlines for fundraising incentives – please see this Fundraising Incentives document
- Parking Pass - Parking is free for all Walk to Cure Diabetes participants, but you must have this parking pass with you on Walk Day. Please download and print out this pass, and send it to everyone on your team who will be driving to Hersheypark on Walk Day! JDRF Participant Parking – 2013
Fundraising Tips for the Walk to Cure Diabetes
Using your Walker Participant Center for Online Fundraising
Create a Walk Personal Page in Minutes – Make sure you share your story – upload pictures and/or videos, write about why you Walk and how T1D has affected you. It helps your donors understand why you are asking for their support, and will motivate them to donate!
How to Send Emails through Your Participant Center – the easiest and most effective way to fundraise!